So according to the listing business of social media and internet type websites it’s the top xxx albums of the decade time where xxx is a suspiciously convenient round number and not a swan in top hat and cape.
Anyway, because I like joining in and being part of the party, I thought I’d offer up my list of a top twenty album of the past ten years that I’ve found particularly astounding and soul embiggening – because I’m the sap who watched Almost Famous and believed every word of the script, that’s what the best music does to me, makes my heart beat faster,little shivering sparks dancing up and down my spine.
These are in only the order in which the albums occurred to me and yes some bands will appear more than once because that’s what their music means to me so ya boo sucks to you frisbee. No images but you can google this lot pretty easily, soo, here we go:
- The Get Up Kids – Problems
- A Wilhelm Scream – Party Crashers
- Polar Bear Club – Death Chorus
- The Wonder Years – The Greatest Generation
- The Wonder Years – No Closer to Heaven
- Laureate – Landmarks
- Save Ends – A Book About Bad Luck
- Beach Slang – The Things We Do to People Like Us
- Beach Slang – A Loud Bash of Teenage Feelings
- The National – High Violet
- Sleater-Kinney- No Cities to Love
- Thursday – No Devolucion
- Touché Amoré – Stage Four
- La Dispute – Rooms of The House
- Titus Andronicus – The Monitor
- The Menzingers – After The Party
- Iron Chic – The Constant One
- Cayetana – New Kind of Normal
- Tiny Moving Parts – Swell
- Best Coast – California Nights
Comments, questions and duck impressions? Do your own list and think about this sort of thing, have fun.